Information for Insureds Health Insurance
Updated: March 8, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
I must renew my prescription medications
Here are safety tips concerning your visits to the pharmacy:
- Don’t go to the pharmacy if you have COVID-19 related symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing), if you have been exposed or if you are at risk (for example, if you are returning from a trip or have been in recent contact with a traveller).
- Use your pharmacy’s delivery service if they have one.
- If you have several prescriptions to renew, ask your pharmacy if they can prepare them all at once and this way avoid multiple trips to the pharmacy.
- Ask your doctor if it’s possible to send new prescriptions to your pharmacy by email or fax. This way you won’t have to spend as much time waiting at the pharmacy if they are prepared in advance.
- Follow the recommendations of the public health authorities.
It’s your pharmacist who decides on the quantities and how often you can replenish supplies of your medications and healthcare products. Their decision is on a case-by-case basis and their professional judgment.
SSQ Insurance will collaborate with pharmacists and give them the leeway necessary to manage their inventories and your drug claims.